John 4:7-15 (NKJV)

The Samaritan Woman at the Well (John 4:7-15, NKJV)
7 A woman of Samaria came to draw water. Jesus said to her, “Give Me a drink.”
8 For His disciples had gone away into the city to buy food. 9 Then the woman of Samaria said to Him, “How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?” For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans. 10 Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.” 11 The woman said to Him, “Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep. Where then do You get that living water? 12 Are You greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well, and drank from it himself, as well as his sons and his livestock?” 13 Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.” 15 The woman said to Him, “Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw.”

Do You Want His Living Water? ~ How to Get Saved!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hanging Out with Sinners

Its another day!  Thank you God for letting me wake up this morning to a beautiful morning.  Thank you for giving me rest last night despite my very late bedtime.  You have refreshed me and filled me again with Your Spirit.  I am ready for whatever you have planned for me today.  Give me more people to speak to, more lives to be transformed by Your love!  Please allow me to be used by You today to reach people with this message of forgiveness, mercy and powerful victorious living!  I pray in Jesus' name, Amen!

From the moment I woke up this morning, one thing has been on my mind...YOU Lord Jesus!  I was thinking this morning about how You sat with sinners and dined with them.  You hung out with them in their own circumstances.  You didn't require that they become perfect before sitting with You.  You sat and talked, and broke bread, with the lowest people on earth - tax collectors, thieves, prostitutes, adulterers, the weak, the sick, the lepers - basically all the rejected people.  These were your\ companions.  The religious elite rejected you for your love, kindness and merciful heart.  They asked you why you would want to keep such "bad company."  In fact, the only people you ever spoke harshly to were the religious elite, those so caught up in their religion that they refused to hang out with real people, humble and desperate people in need of a message from God that could change their lives .  Lord, please do not let me ever become one of THOSE people.  Let me have a heart for the people You have a heart for, the lost, lonely and desperate - the weak and the suffering.  As Your heart breaks for them in their pain, let mine be broken as well for them.  Give me the words to speak and Your Spirit, Your Living Water to pour out of me like a river, bringing hope, peace and restoration to their lives.  I am crying out to You Lord today asking for this because there are still so many who need to come to the well and meet you for the first time.  They need to kow that you spoke with the woman at the well not because she is perfect, or has done everything right, but because you LOVE her and your desire is to see her healed and set free from the things that hurt her.  You know a better way that You have shown us in your Word.  There is too much religion and not enough love in the world today. 

Lord, give me strength to keep telling people about you even when I am tired, when I am struggling, when I have no words to speak.  I ask Lord that you would bless each person that visits this blog with peace and joy through the Holy Spirit.  Show them that you came to heal the sick, make the blind see, and set free those who are oppressed by the wickedness of this world.  Let the world see through me as your servant what You you have done for me and what you will do for each of them. I know God that you do not love me more than anyone else.  You love the murderer on death row as much as you love me.  You are not a respector of persons.  You have no favorites among Your children, and you are not only giving favor and love to those who do everything right but those who put their life, heart and trust in your Son Jesus. No religion can save a person from a miserable life, or an eternal death.  But you promised to give us LIFE while still here on the earth. You came that we might have life, and life more abundantly.  You came to save, heal and deliver, not to condemn.  We will still face trials and disappointments and failures, but you have said that nothing can separate us from Your LOVE that is in Jesus Christ.

I am so grateful that I met you in my time of greatest desperation and You gave me everything I could ever need in life.  Thank you Lord for never giving up on me even when I fail daily.  Thank you for constantly calling me back into Your presence and giving me new life, again and again.  You said in Your Word that you "will never leave me nor forsake (abandon) me."  I am so grateful today for this promise in my life.  This day is still new, and I know that I will most likely fail before the day is through.  I need Your help God to get through today, and not to just survive, but to thrive in it! Use me today for YOUR GLORY!  I ask all these things in Jesus' name.  Amen.

Some words I am thinking about today:

John 10:10 (NKJV)
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

John 3:17 (NKJV)
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
Matthew 9:10 (NKJV)
Now it happened, as Jesus sat at the table in the house, that behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat down with Him and His disciples.
Matthew 10:8 (NKJV)
Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

Romans 5:8 (NKJV)
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Isaiah 61

New King James Version (NKJV)

The Good News of Salvation

61 “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,
Because the Lord has anointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
3 To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.”
4 And they shall rebuild the old ruins,
They shall raise up the former desolations,
And they shall repair the ruined cities,
The desolations of many generations.
5 Strangers shall stand and feed your flocks,
And the sons of the foreigner
Shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.
6 But you shall be named the priests of the Lord,
They shall call you the servants of our God.
You shall eat the riches of the Gentiles,
And in their glory you shall boast.
7 Instead of your shame you shall have double honor,
And instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion.
Therefore in their land they shall possess double;
Everlasting joy shall be theirs.




Today, I want to be a true follower of Jesus, welcoming sinners into my life and loving them the way He loved me.  If we are His children, we will walk, talk and act like Him.  I wanna look like Jesus today in my life.  Help me Lord to be more like you today.  In Jesus' name.  Amen.

His beloved,

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Beloved - Kari Jobe